This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements about monetary damages awarded by a court is (are) true? I. The ... (Read 57 times)

cabate

Which of the following statements about monetary damages awarded by a court is (are) true?

I. The purpose of general damages is to provide benefits for medical expenses or loss of earnings.
  II. The purpose of punitive damages is to punish the tortfeasor so that others are deterred from committing the same wrongful act.
  A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Question 2

Nancy was injured when she drove her car through a stop sign and was struck by Philip's car. Philip saw Nancy and could have stopped. However, he failed to do so since he had the right-of-way.

Nancy can recover damages from Philip under which of the following legal doctrines?
  A) vicarious liability
  B) the last clear chance rule
  C) contributory negligence
  D) the assumption of risk doctrine

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

InfiniteSteez

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B

cabate

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

meganmoser117

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library