Author Question: Small business owners have a number of retirement plans available to them. One type of plan is ... (Read 49 times)

nummyann

Small business owners have a number of retirement plans available to them. One type of plan is limited to employers with 100 or fewer eligible employees.

Under this type of plan, small employers are exempt from most of the nondiscrimination and administrative rules that apply to qualified plans. Such plans are called
  A) Keogh plans.
  B) SIMPLE retirement plans.
  C) cash balance plans.
  D) profit sharing plans.

Question 2

Special vesting rules apply to qualified defined contribution plans with voluntary employee contributions and matching employer contributions. Which of the following statements is (are) true with respect to these vesting rules?

I. Employer contributions must vest immediately.
  II. Graded vesting is permitted, and employer contributions must be 20 percent vested after 2 years, with an additional 20 percent vested in each of the next 4 years.
  A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

juicepod

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library