This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Under one type of rate regulation, insurers do not have to register their rates with state ... (Read 34 times)

cartlidgeashley

Under one type of rate regulation, insurers do not have to register their rates with state regulatory authorities. However, insurers may be required to furnish rate schedules and supporting data to state officials.

A fundamental assumption underlying this type of rating law is that market forces will determine the price and availability of insurance, rather than discretionary acts of regulators. This type of rate regulation is called
  A) a flex-rating law.
  B) a prior-approval law.
  C) a file-and-use law.
  D) no filing required.

Question 2

Which of the following statements about state insurance guaranty funds is (are) true? I. They limit the amount that policyholders can collect if an insurer becomes insolvent. II. They are usually funded by general revenues of the states.

A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jessicaduplan

Answer to Question 1

Answer: D

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

cartlidgeashley

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Dominic

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library