This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements about the regulation of life insurance companies is (are) true? ... (Read 8 times)

futuristic

Which of the following statements about the regulation of life insurance companies is (are) true?

I. The percentage of assets a life insurance company may invest in a specific type of asset (e.g., stocks or bonds) is generally limited by law.
  II. The purpose of limiting the accumulation of surplus is to prevent an insurer from increasing its surplus at the expense of policyowner dividends.
  A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Question 2

Which of the following statements about the regulation of insurance company investments is (are) true?

I. The purpose of regulating insurance company investments is to prevent insurers from making unsound investments which could threaten their solvency.
  II. Life insurers can invest an unlimited amount of their assets in common stocks.
  A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

anyusername12131

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library