This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: All of the following statements about the independent agency system are true EXCEPT A) Agents are ... (Read 25 times)

natalie2426

All of the following statements about the independent agency system are true EXCEPT

A) Agents are often authorized to adjust small claims.
  B) Agents are compensated on the basis of commissions.
  C) The insurer rather than the agent owns the renewal rights to the business.
  D) The agent is an independent business person who represents several insurers.

Question 2

Which of the following statements about the sale of property and liability insurance through the direct response system is (are) true?

I. Selling expenses are higher because market segmentation tends to be less precise than with other marketing methods.
  II. It is the most appropriate system for selling complex products.
  A) I only
  B) II only
  C) both I and II
  D) neither I nor II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Swizqar

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Answer to Question 2

Answer: D

natalie2426

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

cassie_ragen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library