Author Question: The nurse is discharging home a patient who suffered a stroke. The patient has a flaccid right arm ... (Read 49 times)

D2AR0N

The nurse is discharging home a patient who suffered a stroke. The patient has a flaccid right arm and leg and is experiencing problems with urinary incontinence.

The nurse makes a referral to the home health nurse because the hospital nurse is aware that the most common patient response to a change in body image is what?
  A) Denial
  B) Sexual dysfunction
  C) Depression
  D) Disassociation

Question 2

A community health nurse is staffing a booth at a health fair that has been sponsored by a local community center.

In the course of the day, the nurse has engaged with many members of the public, several of whom have disclosed their current health complaints to the nurse. Which of the following statements should prompt the nurse to encourage the individual to be screened for diabetes?
  A) I've been getting sudden, bad headaches over the past few weeks, usually in the middle of the day.
  B) Lately, I just can't seem to quench my thirst no matter how much I drink.
  C) Sometimes, when I'm working at my desk, it feels like my heart just skips a beat and then goes back to normal.
  D) I never used to be one to get indigestion, but now I seem to get an upset stomach very easily.

at

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

B