Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient whose laboratory studies show hypocalcemia. What other laboratory ... (Read 254 times)

aabwk4

The nurse is caring for a patient whose laboratory studies show hypocalcemia. What other laboratory study is congruent with this finding?

A) An elevated parathyroid hormone level
  B) A decreased parathyroid hormone level
  C) An elevated potassium level
  D) A decreased potassium level

Question 2

A 58-year-old man who leads a busy lifestyle managing his own business has been diagnosed with a gastric ulcer.

The man has told the nurse, My wife warned me that my job stress would eventually catch up with me How should the nurse best respond to the patient's statement?
  A) Actually, it's been found that stress doesn't really cause ulcers.
  B) Researchers have found that your environment is the most significant cause of ulcers.
  C) Ulcers aren't caused by anything specific; some people develop them for no particular reason.
  D) Most ulcers are a consequence of the different medications that you take.

k2629

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A