Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient whose laboratory studies show hypocalcemia. What other laboratory ... (Read 261 times)

aabwk4

The nurse is caring for a patient whose laboratory studies show hypocalcemia. What other laboratory study is congruent with this finding?

A) An elevated parathyroid hormone level
  B) A decreased parathyroid hormone level
  C) An elevated potassium level
  D) A decreased potassium level

Question 2

A 58-year-old man who leads a busy lifestyle managing his own business has been diagnosed with a gastric ulcer.

The man has told the nurse, My wife warned me that my job stress would eventually catch up with me How should the nurse best respond to the patient's statement?
  A) Actually, it's been found that stress doesn't really cause ulcers.
  B) Researchers have found that your environment is the most significant cause of ulcers.
  C) Ulcers aren't caused by anything specific; some people develop them for no particular reason.
  D) Most ulcers are a consequence of the different medications that you take.

k2629

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library