This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An immunocompromised patient with a diagnosis of AIDS has just been admitted to the medical unit ... (Read 21 times)

sammy

An immunocompromised patient with a diagnosis of AIDS has just been admitted to the medical unit with abdominal pain. The patient's health care provider has ordered an abdominal radiograph. How should the nurse best facilitate the test?

A) Arrange for a portable X-ray machine to be used.
  B) Have a patient wear a mask to the X-ray department.
  C) Have the X-ray department disinfected prior to the patient arriving.
  D) Send the patient to the X-ray department, and have the staff in the department don masks.

Question 2

A 20-year-old man has been admitted to the emergency department with a femoral fracture as a result of a motorcycle accident.

When the nurse is taking the patient's history, he states, I had leukemia when I was little kid but they managed to cure it. The nurse should suspect that this patient likely had what type of leukemia?
  A) Acute lymphoid leukemia (ALL)
  B) Chronic lymphoid leukemia (CLL)
  C) Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
  D) Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jaygar71

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

sammy

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

smrtceo

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library