This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A home health nurse visits a client with a diagnosis of type 1 diabetes mellitus. The client states ... (Read 56 times)

cagreen833

A home health nurse visits a client with a diagnosis of type 1 diabetes mellitus. The client states he has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the past 36 hours. He also has had no food intake in the same time frame.

Which statement by the client indicates a need for further teaching?
  A) I need to stop my insulin.
  B) I need to increase my fluid intake.
  C) I need to monitor my blood glucose every 3 to 4 hours.
  D) I need to call the physician because of these symptoms.

Question 2

The family of a bedridden client with type 2 diabetes mellitus and chronic renal failure calls a nurse to report the following symptoms: headache, polydipsia, and increased lethargy.

To determine a possible diagnosis, the nurse asks the family which most important question?
  A) What is the client's urinary output?
  B) What is the client's capillary blood glucose level?
  C) Has there been any change in the dietary intake?
  D) Have you increased the amount of fluids provided?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jojobee318

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B

cagreen833

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
:D TYSM

duy1981999

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library