Author Question: An older patient is being treated for hypothyroidism. Which manifestations will the nurse assess in ... (Read 35 times)

ss2343

An older patient is being treated for hypothyroidism. Which manifestations will the nurse assess in this patient? Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Dry skin
  2. Hair loss
  3. Vomiting
  4. Bradycardia
  5. Periorbital swelling

Question 2

The nurse teaches an older patient with type 2 diabetes mellitus how to manage the disorder when becoming acutely ill with a cold or other infection.

Which statements indicate that instruction has been effective? Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. I should call the doctor if I have severe diarrhea.
  2. Difficulty breathing means I need to get some more rest.
  3. I should continue to take my medication even if I'm vomiting.
  4. A large amount of ketones in my urine is nothing to worry about.
  5. I should not take my medication if I can't eat and call the doctor.

lolol

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Dry skin is a manifestation of hypothyroidism.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The patient with diabetes should notify the physician for any episodes of severe diarrhea. This statement indicates that teaching has been effective.