This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The student nurse has assisted with providing discharge instructions for a client diagnosed with ... (Read 40 times)

nelaaney

The student nurse has assisted with providing discharge instructions for a client diagnosed with pneumonia. Which of the following statements made by the client would suggest that further instruction is needed?

A) I will get the pneumococcal vaccine every fall.
  B) I will get the pneumococcal vaccine as soon as I recover from this pneumonia.
  C) I will get the influenza vaccine every year.
  D) I can't get the influenza vaccine due to my allergy to eggs.

Question 2

An older patient with osteoarthritis is prescribed acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain. What should the nurse teach the patient about this medication?

1. Excessive acetaminophen can cause gastrointestinal irritation.
  2. Taking acetaminophen around-the-clock will slow the progression of osteoarthritis.
  3. Acetaminophen cannot be used with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
  4. The maximum amount of acetaminophen should not exceed 4 grams in a 24-hour period.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

anoriega3

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Gastrointestinal irritation is associated with NSAIDs, such as ibuprofen.

nelaaney

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Wow, this really help

zacnyjessica

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library