This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which older patient is at greatest risk for mistreatment in the home? 1. An active older patient ... (Read 58 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

Which older patient is at greatest risk for mistreatment in the home?

1. An active older patient with well-controlled diabetes who lives alone
  2. A healthy older patient who is retired from owning a business and lives with an adult son
  3. An older patient with a history of coronary bypass surgery, is active, and lives with the spouse
  4. An older patient with severe osteoarthritis and macular degeneration who lives with a single daughter who has an adult son with cerebral palsy

Question 2

In which situations is institutional mistreatment of older patients most likely to occur? Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Staff burnout
  2. Staffing shortage
  3. Patient aggressiveness
  4. Inadequate staff training
  5. Family members frequently visit

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

poopface

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Risk factors for elder mistreatment include being female, over the age of 75, having a dependent functional status, having a poor social network, poverty, minority, cognitive impairment, and having less than an 8th grade education. An active older patient who has a chronic illness and lives alone is not at risk for mistreatment in the home.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Staff burnout may be a precipitating factor in the mistreatment of nursing home residents.

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

scikid

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library