Author Question: A client voices an interest in melatonin. He reports having heard about it on a television show. ... (Read 11 times)

urbanoutfitters

A client voices an interest in melatonin. He reports having heard about it on a television show. Which of the following statements by the client indicates he has heard incorrect information?

A) I will need to have a prescription from my physician to obtain it.
  B) Melatonin is a hormone my body makes.
  C) Older adults may have reduced levels of melatonin.
  D) Nausea is a side effect associated with melatonin.

Question 2

The spouse of an older patient asks that the patient be given pills and to tell the patient that they are for pain. How should the nurse respond to the spouse's request?

1. I cannot do that.
  2. We can investigate this option.
  3. Let's speak with the physician about this request.
  4. Administering a 'placebo' or fake medication is not ethical.

joneynes

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The nurse needs to explain to the spouse why this cannot be done.