This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older patient, experiencing severe pain from diabetic neuropathy, is having minimal pain relief ... (Read 105 times)

Cooldude101

An older patient, experiencing severe pain from diabetic neuropathy, is having minimal pain relief from opioid analgesics.

Which adjuvant medications should the nurse ask the healthcare provider to consider helping this patient's pain? Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. Calcitonin
  2. Muscle relaxants
  3. Topical analgesics
  4. Tricyclic antidepressant
  5. Antianxiety medications

Question 2

An older adult tells the nurse that he keeps waking up during the night. Which of the following statements made by the client is related to a risk factor for disturbed sleep?

A) I take my Zoloft as soon as I get up in the morning.
  B) I walk for half an hour after I eat breakfast.
  C) I limit my coffee intake to one cup of regular in the morning.
  D) I think the arthritis in my hips is getting worse.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

randomguy133

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Calcitonin is helpful to assist with bone pain. It is not indicated to help with the pain of diabetic neuropathy.

Answer to Question 2

D

Cooldude101

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

31809pancho

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library