This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older patient is having difficulty sleeping. What can the nurse instruct the patient to help ... (Read 39 times)

j.rubin

An older patient is having difficulty sleeping. What can the nurse instruct the patient to help improve the patient's sleep? Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Do not nap during the day.
  2. Take a walk an hour before going to sleep.
  3. Have a glass of wine before going to sleep.
  4. Avoid reading or watching television in bed.
  5. If unable to sleep, get up and go to another room.

Question 2

A student nurse is discussing medication management with the nursing instructor. Which of the following statements from the student nurse indicates a misunderstanding regarding the nurse's role in medication management?

A) I am responsible for teaching a client how to correctly store, prepare, and administer his or her medications.
  B) I am responsible for documenting whether the therapeutic effect of a medication is being achieved.
  C) I am responsible for monitoring potassium level on a client who is receiving a thiazide diuretic.
  D) I am responsible for a medication error if I administered the medication, not if I delegated that responsibility to an unlicensed person.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bblaney

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: One action to improve sleep is to avoid napping during the day.

Answer to Question 2

D

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library