Author Question: If an older person wishes to have a DNR status on himself, which of the following is true? a. he ... (Read 12 times)

Caiter2013

If an older person wishes to have a DNR status on himself, which of the following is true?

a. he needs to have the physician sign a form that states this
  b. he will receive less quality care than those who are not DNR status
  c. he should place a copy on his refrigerator at home
  d. a and c only

Question 2

Which statement made by an older patient indicates to the nurse that the patient might be contemplating suicide?

1. I wish I could stop all of this pain.
  2. God will take me when it's my time.
  3. I'm ready to go when God calls me.
  4. I'm no use to anyone. I might as well be dead.

xthemafja

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Expressing a desire to have pain end does not indicate that an older patient is contemplating suicide.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library