This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Identify the correct statement describing the responsibilities of healthcare institutions in ... (Read 21 times)

ahriuashd

Identify the correct statement describing the responsibilities of healthcare institutions in handling client medical records.

A) Healthcare facilities must maintain client medical records for at least 5 years.
  B) Clients have no legal rights to obtain copies of their medical records.
  C) Clients have the right to view their medical records and ask questions about the information contained in the records.
  D) Employees in healthcare institutions may discuss a client situation in a public area as long as the client is not identified.

Question 2

Which statement made by a nursing assistant indicates that education regarding culturally competent care is needed?

1. I will always address all patients by their last name.
  2. I will ask my patients how they would like for me to address them.
  3. I will respect my patients' need for privacy when they wish to pray.
  4. I will allow my patients to spend time with their families and not interrupt them when it's their scheduled time for a shower.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macagn

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: It is appropriate to address patients by their last names until they give permission to use another name.

ahriuashd

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Excellent

Missbam101

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library