Author Question: A client stops at the desk of his doctor's office to ask the nurse a few questions. He is a retired ... (Read 18 times)

jazziefee

A client stops at the desk of his doctor's office to ask the nurse a few questions. He is a retired teacher who has just been diagnosed with diabetes and wants to know how to manage his care.

While the nurse is going
  over glucose testing, he talks about how expensive his medications and healthcare have become. The nurse can best provide support to him by stating
  A) Don't worry, I don't think the total bill will be too much.
  B) I don't know anything about insurance.
  C) You only need to do this once a day so the supplies should last you a long time.
  D) I believe that some parts of Medicare will cover preventative care, such as diabetes monitoring.

Question 2

The nurse has identified a nursing intervention for an older patient that is classified as being Class IIa level B. How effective is this intervention for the patient? Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Useful and effective
  2. Based on expert opinion or case studies
  3. Usefulness is less established by opinion.
  4. Weight of evidence is in favor of efficacy.
  5. Limited evidence from nonrandomized studies

peilian

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Class I interventions are useful and effective.