This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After receiving new dentures the nurse provides instruction to an older patient on the use and their ... (Read 28 times)

Deast7027

After receiving new dentures the nurse provides instruction to an older patient on the use and their care. Which patient statement indicates that teaching about the dentures has been effective?

A) I do not have to brush and floss my teeth every day..
  B) I suppose that I'll have to get these resized and adjusted from time to time..
  C) I'll have to change my diet to include only soft and pureed foods now I suppose..
  D) I've had to go to the dentist so often over the last few years and it's a relief not to have to anymore..

Question 2

A patient who is currently undergoing surgery has vomited a small amount of emesis. How should the OR nurses best respond to this intraoperative event?

A) Turn the patient on his or her side and perform oral suctioning.
  B) Maintain the patient's current position and perform deep suctioning.
  C) Administer an antiemetic as ordered and closely monitor the patient for further vomiting.
  D) Assist the anesthesiologist with extubating the patient.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

elyse44

Answer to Question 1

B
It is important that older adults realize that dentures still necessitate maintenance and occasional readjustments. Brushing is still necessary, as is visiting the dentist. The diet of adults with dentures is not noted to be restricted to soft and pureed foods.

Answer to Question 2

A

Deast7027

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Excellent

dreamfighter72

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library