This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is preparing a patient for surgery. The patient is to undergo a hysterectomy without ... (Read 55 times)

biggirl4568

The nurse is preparing a patient for surgery. The patient is to undergo a hysterectomy without oophorectomy, and the nurse is witnessing the patient's signature on a consent form. Which comment by the patient would best indicate informed consent?

A) I know I'll be fine because the health care provider said he has done this procedure hundreds of times.
  B) I know I'll have pain after the surgery.
  C) The health care provider is going to remove my uterus and told me about the risk of hemorrhage.
  D) Because the health care provider isn't taking my ovaries, I'll still be able to have children.

Question 2

A 75-year-old man who is largely bedridden is admitted to the dementia unit in a nursing home. One primary nursing care goal is to keep this resident free from infection.

Which of the following actions is most likely to reduce his risk of infection? A) Maintaining his skin integrity.
  B) Assisting him with exercise.
  C) Counseling him against overuse of antibiotics.
  D) Monitoring him for atypical signs of infection.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pangili4

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A
For this patient, maintenance of skin integrity is required for keeping him free from infection and would likely supersede the other measures.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library