This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse observes an 83-year-old resident of a nursing home scratching repeatedly over the last ... (Read 69 times)

jho37

The nurse observes an 83-year-old resident of a nursing home scratching repeatedly over the last several days. The resident states, I'm so itchy these days it drives me crazy.. Which of the following measures should the nurse prioritize?

A) Referral to the resident's physician for oral corticosteroids.
  B) Increasing the frequency of the residents bathing schedule.
  C) Closer monitoring for a better control of the resident's blood pressure.
  D) Dietary changes and application of zinc oxide.

Question 2

The nurse, invited to a party after working an overtime shift, politely declines to attend. What does this nurse's behavior exemplify?

A) Presence
  B) Availability
  C) Models holism
  D) Connection with self

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kjohnson

Answer to Question 1

D
Changes in diet and application of zinc oxide can often alleviate pruritus. Increasing the frequency of bathing may exacerbate the problem, and oral corticosteroids are not noted to be a common treatment modality. Blood pressure is not noted to relate directly to pruritus.

Answer to Question 2

C
Effective nurse healers are models of holism which begins with good self-care practices. Presence and availability are characteristics that enable nurses to engage as healers. A connection with self includes a self-appraisal that is done through sharing life stories, journaling, meditating, and taking retreats.

jho37

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

amandalm

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library