This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When assessing a patient with a myocardial infarction (MI), which is objective data? (Select all ... (Read 27 times)

waynest

When assessing a patient with a myocardial infarction (MI), which is objective data? (Select all that apply.)

a. Pain radiating to left arm and jaw
  b. Hypertension
  c. Vomiting
  d. Diaphoresis
  e. Nausea
  f. Cardiac rhythm changes

Question 2

The nurse teaches a group of older adults about the benefits of health promotion activities specific to the integumentary system.

Which of the following statements by a participant best reflects a sound understanding of health promotion of the skin? A) I make sure that I take a bath each evening to keep my skin good and clean..
  B) I have the best face cream, it removes wrinkles and lines..
  C) I know that any mole that is brown or raised can be sign of skin cancer..
  D) I learned that moles that are irregular in shape can be associated with melanoma..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jsm54321

Answer to Question 1

B, C, D, F
Hypertension, vomiting, diaphoresis, and cardiac rhythm changes are objective data seen in patients with a myocardial infarction (MI). Pain and nausea are subjective data felt by the patient but not measurable.

Answer to Question 2

D
Irregular shape of moles can be indicative of melanoma. Brown color of moles is a normal finding, and older adults do not necessarily need to bathe daily.

waynest

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
:D TYSM

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates’s recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library