This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The process of health education closely parallels the nursing process with its discrete phases of ... (Read 35 times)

Collmarie

The process of health education closely parallels the nursing process with its discrete phases of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. What activity would the nurse perform during the planning phase of health education?

A) Determining the patient's current knowledge level and willingness to learn
  B) Identifying the patient's learning needs
  C) Documenting the goals of the health education
  D) Demonstrating a necessary technique for the patient

Question 2

Patients with newly diagnosed diabetes are often fearful and nervous about coping with the disease. Only some of their fears are unfounded. Which of these concerns is undeniably true?

A) I will have to make lifestyle changes..
  B) I can't learn to inject myself with insulin..
  C) I will eventually have to enter a nursing home..
  D) I can't afford a special diet..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

alexanderhamilton

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A
Most people can adapt to injecting themselves with insulin, and some patients may be able to use oral hypoglycemic agents instead. If diabetes is well managed, patients can continue residing at home, working, and in general living their normal lives. The dietary changes do not need to be expensive, although they do require some planning. It is true, however, that if diabetes is to be managed successfully, the patient cannot continue life as usual. Diet, exercise, and medication all will be needed to keep the disease in check.

Collmarie

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kjohnson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library