This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is aware of the fact that nonadherence to prescribed therapy is both common and harmful. How ... (Read 33 times)

drink

A nurse is aware of the fact that nonadherence to prescribed therapy is both common and harmful. How can a nurse best promote adherence to therapeutic regimens among patients?

A) Establish a system of rewards and punitive measures that is linked to adherence
  B) Provide examples of the harmful consequences of nonadherence to therapy
  C) Help individuals be aware of the benefits of adhering to their prescribed therapy
  D) Make adherence a requirement for treatment in early interactions with patients

Question 2

Which of the following statements by patients on a geriatric medicine unit would be considered suggestive of hypothyroidism? (Select all that apply.)

A) I've never been prone to constipation in the past, but lately I'm only having a bowel movement every 3 or 4 days..
  B) I'm having a terrible time getting to sleep at night and I keep waking up early..
  C) Lately I just can't manage to stay warm no matter how high I keep the thermostat..
  D) I've always been a cheerful person but now I can't shake this blue feeling..
  E) I feel like I just don't have the energy that I normally do..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

upturnedfurball

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A, C, D, E
Constipation, cold intolerance, depression, and fatigue are associated with hypothyroidism. Insomnia is more commonly present in cases of hyperthyroidism.

drink

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

Hdosisshsbshs

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library