This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Mrs. J's insurance company reimburses for a maximum of four physical therapy sessions annually. At ... (Read 14 times)

cagreen833

Mrs. J's insurance company reimburses for a maximum of four physical therapy sessions annually. At age 62, Mrs. J is recovering slowly from hip surgery, and her nurse believes that additional sessions would enhance Mrs. J's self-care capacity.

Mrs. J cannot afford to pay for additional sessions. Which of the following is the nurse's major ethical concern?
  A) Do I increase financial risks for health care institutions by insisting that nonreimbursed therapy be provided?
  B) Is the insurance company reimbursing in a manner that threatens my patient's well-being?
  C) Have meta-analyses shown that additional therapy sessions are cost-effective?
  D) Am I in compliance with the integrity requirement of the Code of Ethics for Nurses of the American Nurses Association?

Question 2

Many older adults suffer from conditions such as colonic diverticula, hiatal hernia, and ulcerations that can cause occult bleeding. Older adults with these conditions should be observed for

a. leukemia.
  b. iron deficiency anemia.
  c. sickle cell anemia.
  d. polycythemia.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

medine

Answer to Question 1

B
The nurse's first priority is quality care for the patient. If an insurance company is reimbursing in a manner that threatens a patient's well-being, the nurse faces a difficult ethical conflict.

Answer to Question 2

B
Blood loss is a major cause of iron deficiency in adults. The major sources of chronic blood loss are from the GI and genitourinary systems.

cagreen833

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
:D TYSM

FergA

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library