This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse discusses gallbladder disease with a client diagnosed with cholelithiasis. The client ... (Read 41 times)

plus1

The nurse discusses gallbladder disease with a client diagnosed with cholelithiasis. The client indicates understanding of the pathological process when the client states:

A) I never had any GI infections before this one..
  B) I will be undergoing laparoscopic surgery to remove the stones..
  C) I hear that the gallbladder gets weak with old age..
  D) I'm glad that this issue can be dealt with medication..

Question 2

The client is a healthy, active 85-year-old with constipation. Which of the following age-related changes may contribute to this complaint?

A) Inactivity
  B) Reduced food and fluid intake
  C) Slower peristalsis
  D) Decreased sensory perception

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

iman

Answer to Question 1

B
The structure of the gallbladder and bile ducts is unchanged with age. Cholelithiasis, the formation or presence of gallstones in the gallbladder, increases with age. Treatment measures include nonsurgical therapies, such as rotary lithotrite treatment and extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, as well as standard surgical procedures.

Answer to Question 2

C
The client is healthy and active with no sensory perception difficulties. Slower peristalsis is the only age-related change.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library