This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse discusses dental health with an 81-year-old client. Which of the following statements, ... (Read 34 times)

clmills979

The nurse discusses dental health with an 81-year-old client. Which of the following statements, when made by the client is identified as true?

A) Everyone loses their teeth, it's natural..
  B) I can't get any cavities any more, only young people get them..
  C) Fluoride treatments might help strengthen the enamel on my teeth..
  D) There is no treatment for my bad teeth and poor appetite..

Question 2

A patient, age 24, has a compartment syndrome after a fracture of his radius and ulna. Nursing assessment will include careful observation for signs and symptoms of

a. buccal petechiae.
  b. thromboembolism.
  c. Volkmann's contracture.
  d. fat embolism.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Expo

Answer to Question 1

C
Topical fluoride treatments are beneficial to the teeth of older persons. Tooth loss is related to periodontal disease, not aging. Whereas the incidence of caries decreases with age, it is still present.

Answer to Question 2

C
Volkmann's contracture is a permanent contracture that can occur as a result of circulatory obstruction secondary to compartment syndrome.

clmills979

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Excellent

kishoreddi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Approximately 15–25% of recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage. However, many miscarriages often occur before a woman even knows she is pregnant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library