This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is facilitating a health promotion class at a senior center. Which statement made by a ... (Read 24 times)

leo leo

The nurse is facilitating a health promotion class at a senior center. Which statement made by a participant should be corrected by the nurse?

A) My wife and I both get our flu shots each fall..
  B) I'm vigilant about staying away from anyone who has a cold or flu..
  C) I use a puffer regularly to prevent any problems with my breathing in the future..
  D) I've found that doing deep breathing exercises helps relax me and expand my lungs..

Question 2

What is the responsibility of the nurse regarding informed consent?

a. Explain the surgical options.
  b. Explain the operative risks.
  c. Obtain the patient's signature.
  d. Check form for appropriate signatures.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wilsonbho

Answer to Question 1

C
Older persons should be advised against treating respiratory problems themselves. Many over-the-counter cold and cough remedies can have serious effects in older adults and can interact with other medications being taken. These drugs also can mask symptoms of serious problems, thereby delaying diagnosis and treatment. Older adults should know that a cold lasting more than 1 week may not be a cold at all, but something more serious that requires medical attention. Getting influenza and pneumonia vaccinations as well as performing deep breathing exercises are valid health promotion activities. Avoiding others with a cold or the flu is a good disease prevention strategy and should be reinforced by the nurse.

Answer to Question 2

C
A witness is only verifying that this is the person who signed the consent and that it was a voluntary consent. The witness (often a nurse) is not verifying that the patient understands the procedure.

leo leo

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

diana chang

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library