Author Question: The patient is to be catheterized for residual urine. The nurse must perform this catheterization ... (Read 24 times)

s.tung

The patient is to be catheterized for residual urine. The nurse must perform this catheterization within how many minutes following voiding?

a. 40 minutes
  b. 30 minutes
  c. 20 minutes
  d. 10 minutes

Question 2

Although the patient denies pain, the nurse observes the patient breathing rapidly with clenched fists and facial grimacing. The nurse's best response to these observations is:

a. I am glad you are feeling better and have no discomfort.
  b. Where do you hurt?
  c. What you are saying and what I am observing don't seem to match.
  d. It makes me uncomfortable when you are not honest with me.

Loise Hard

Answer to Question 1

D
Catheterization is performed within 10 minutes of the patient voiding to check for residual urine.

Answer to Question 2

C
The nonverbal communication should be clarified to prevent miscommunication.