This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which is a true statement about forming a group? a. Leaders must be prepared for members to fail ... (Read 27 times)

tiffannnnyyyyyy

Which is a true statement about forming a group?

a. Leaders must be prepared for members to fail to show up as a result of illness, death, or other reasons.
  b. Groups should include persons with diverse levels of cognitive ability.
  c. A group leader who is prone to depression will be better able to empathize with the depression and losses suffered by group members.
  d. The evening is a good time for a group to meet.

Question 2

A patient says, Peace wing we uh meng meng. What is your response?

a. I'm sorry, that doesn't make any sense.
  b. Please try to speak more clearly.
  c. Excuse me, I didn't understand that.
  d. What would you like me to bring you?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Shshxj

Answer to Question 1

A

Feedback
A Correct. There must be a clear plan for recognition of absent members; an ab-sence does not by itself mean that a member has died.
B Incorrect. Mixing very different levels of ability can lead to anxiety in both the more impaired and the less impaired members, for different reasons.
C Incorrect. The leader should be able to discuss the losses and sadnesses of the other group members without falling into depression.
D Incorrect. Some older people may be tired by the evening, and people living outside the facility may have transportation difficulties at that time of day.

Answer to Question 2

D

Feedback
A Incorrect. It is essential that the nurse believe that the patient is trying to com-municate something that is important enough to make the effort to understand it.
B Incorrect. The patient is speaking as clearly as he or she can.
C Incorrect. An open-ended reply is likely to frustrate the patient, who is likely to answer by simply repeating the original utterance, no more comprehensibly.
D Correct. The patient is most likely saying Please bring me a something. This response focuses on the one part of the sentence that you did not understand.

tiffannnnyyyyyy

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
:D TYSM

xthemafja

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library