This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The statement, When you are old like me, what you had for breakfast isn't important, is an example ... (Read 11 times)

karen

The statement, When you are old like me, what you had for breakfast isn't important, is an example of

a. Long-term memory loss
  b. Short-term memory loss
  c. Altered perception
  d. Altered problem solving

Question 2

Byron Blazer, 78 years old, lives alone and is being discharged from the hospital after total hip replacement surgery. His sister is staying with him for 1 week. What care referral would you make for Mr. Blazer?

a. Home health services
  b. Skilled nursing facility
  c. Senior center
  d. Hospice

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aprice35067

Answer to Question 1

B
Often older adults minimize things that they cannot remember rather than acknowledge that the memories do not exist. Short-term memory loss often can go undetected for a long time because of the minimizing skills that older adults develop. This is not an example of long-term memory loss (response A), altered perception (response C), or altered problem solving (response D).

Answer to Question 2

A
Home health services include skilled nursing, physical therapy, and home health assistants. Mr. Blazer and his sister could be taught Mr. Blazer's care and evaluate if he could stay home after his sister left. Mr. Blazer could go to a skilled nursing facility (response B) and receive nursing care and physical therapy. His sister is staying with him to help him at home, however. The senior center (response C) and hospice care (response D) are inappropriate referrals.

karen

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Missbam101

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library