This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A home care nurse teaches a caregiver about the care of hearing aids. Which of the following ... (Read 27 times)

bb

A home care nurse teaches a caregiver about the care of hearing aids. Which of the following statements, if made by the caregiver, indicates that further teaching is required?

A) I lay a towel over the table while working on them.
  B) I turn off the aid before I change the battery.
  C) I wash the earmold with warm soapy water each week.
  D) I have purchased enough batteries to last a year.

Question 2

After an older adult has had irrigation for removing impacted cerumen, which of the following interventions would be helpful for preventing a recurrence? (Select all that apply.)

A) Ceruminolytic drops as indicated
  B) Cotton-tipped swabs daily
  C) Ear candling monthly
  D) Home oral jet irrigator bimonthly
  E) Examination by the health care provider every 6 to 12 months

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ghepp

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
Care of hearing aids includes to keep a fresh battery available but to not purchase batteries more than 1 month in advance. Turn off the hearing aid before changing the battery. Clean the aid weekly, using warm, soapy water for the earmold. And avoid dropping the aid on a hard surface; when handling it, keep it over a soft or padded surface.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A, E
Prophylactic use of ceruminolytic agents can reduce the risk of impacted cerumen. Those at high risk for impaction should get an examination by qualified health care provider every 6 to 12 months. Teach all older adults to avoid putting anything smaller than their elbow in their ear: this includes candles, oral jets, and swabs. All of these are potentially harmful to the ear.

bb

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Excellent

apple

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library