This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older woman returns to her hospital room after abdominal surgery. As the nurse completes her ... (Read 17 times)

schs14

An older woman returns to her hospital room after abdominal surgery. As the nurse completes her assessment, the client asks the nurse to pin her prayer cloth to her pillow. Which of the following interventions is priority?

A) Say, I will pin it on your pillow in a couple of hours after you are stable.
  B) Ask, What is the purpose of a prayer cloth? Did you make it?
  C) Ask, What religion do you practice? Did your minister give the prayer cloth to you?
  D) Pin the prayer cloth to her pillow since it is an essential part of her spiritual health.

Question 2

A 90-year-old client discusses her life review with a nurse and shares information about how she has raised five children and had ups and downs with all of them, but overall feels satisfied with her life. Based on Cohen's empowering model,

which of the following statements is the client likely to make?

A) I would sum it up this way.
  B) I really would like to see the Grand Canyon.
  C) I hope to learn how to Skype with my grandchildren.
  D) I know I've done the best that I can do, and I expect I will continue to help my family.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jasonq

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
In this case, following the client's wishes is an integral part of routine nursing care, as it helps individualize nursing care to this particular client. The nurse must be nonjudgmental and communicate respect for the client's individuality.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: D
Cohen's empowering model related that those at the end of their life are more likely to reaffirm major themes in their life. From the 50s till the 70s, persons reevaluate life and feel a new sense of inner liberation as expressed in the distracters by discussion of goals. After the late 70s, older adults restate and reaffirm their major themes, including the desire to live well to the very end and have a positive impact on others.

schs14

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

at

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library