This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A newly admitted older adult asks for a sedative every night and states that she cannot fall asleep. ... (Read 15 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

A newly admitted older adult asks for a sedative every night and states that she cannot fall asleep. What type of sleep disorder is the patient most likely experiencing?

a. Onset related to anxiety of relocation
  b. Maintenance related to unfamiliar environment
  c. Initiation related to depression associated with relocation
  d. Maintenance related to episodes of nocturnal movement disorders

Question 2

What statement by a patient's wife would indicate that the patient is experiencing myoclonus?

a. His loud snoring and jerking awake wakes me up, too.
  b. I am black and blue from his kicking me every night.
  c. He wakes up at 2 AM every morning and walks around the house.
  d. His constant leg movements tear up the covers and keep me awake.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nekcihc358

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Sleep onset issues are usually associated with anxiety.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Myoclonus is a periodic kicking movement of the lower extremities, which can be severe.

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

tuate

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

Approximately 15–25% of recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage. However, many miscarriages often occur before a woman even knows she is pregnant.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library