Author Question: What statement by a 65-year-old man who had a myocardial infarction 6 months ago would indicate a ... (Read 39 times)

Charlie

What statement by a 65-year-old man who had a myocardial infarction 6 months ago would indicate a need for further teaching?

a. I'm enjoying the same sexual activities now as I did before my heart attack.
  b. I'm still pretty cautious, but our sex lives are very satisfactory.
  c. I've been told that I'm at risk for another heart attack if we have sex.
  d. My heart medications have made me impotent, but we've found other methods of sexual expression.

Question 2

The nurse makes it clear to older adults in a long-term care facility that condoms are available from the medicine cart on request to

a. guarantee safe sex practices.
  b. reduce the incidence of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
  c. show acceptance of sexual expression.
  d. prevent soiling bed linens or furniture.

leahchrapun

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Fear, rather than an actual threat, can cause cessation of sexual relations following a heart attack.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
STDs can still be transmitted in the older adult. Nothing can guarantee safe sex practices.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library