This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement by a patient could be related to symptoms of stress? a. I have to urinate every ... (Read 14 times)

KWilfred

Which statement by a patient could be related to symptoms of stress?

a. I have to urinate every 10 minutes, and there are only a few drops.
  b. I haven't had to urinate for the past 8 hours.
  c. I void large amounts of urine every 2 hours.
  d. My urine has absolutely no color. It looks like water.

Question 2

A woman is in the emergency department after a car wreck. She is breathing rapidly and complains of dizziness and tingling in her extremities. She says, I think I'm having a heart attack

The nurse is aware that the symptoms may be related to which of the following?
  a. A transient ischemic attack
  b. Hyperventilation
  c. Hypotension
  d. Asthma

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lucas dlamini

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Frequent voiding of only a small amount of urine is an indicator of stress.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
An increased respiratory rate associated with stress can lead to hyperventilation, with symptoms of tingling in the extremities and dizziness.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library