This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An otherwise healthy older adult reports having begun to experience problems holding my wa-ter. The ... (Read 28 times)

bobbie

An otherwise healthy older adult reports having begun to experience problems holding my wa-ter. The nurse shows an understanding of interventions that may help minimize the problem of urinary incontinency when: (Select all that apply.)

a. asking whether the client smokes tobacco.
  b. assessing the average amount of caffeine the client drinks daily.
  c. asking if the client has been evaluated for diabetes recently.
  d. suggesting the client keep a record of the amount of fluids ingested daily.
  e. reviewing the client's current medication list.

Question 2

A 78-year-old patient has a history of osteoarthritis and lives alone in a two-story home. The bathroom is on the first level and the bedroom is on the second level. The patient states, I am so upset.

I have been wetting the bed at night. What type of incontinence does the patient most likely have?
  a. Mixed incontinence
  b. Stress incontinence
  c. Urge incontinence
  d. Functional incontinence

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jessicaduplan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, B, C, E
Risk factors for urinary incontinence include tobacco use, caffeine consumption, and increased urine resulting from diabetes and certain medications. Keeping record of fluid intake will have little or no impact on urine incontinence.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Functional incontinence is defined as incontinence that is due to the individual being unable to get to the toilet as a result of barriers, including environmental barriers.

bobbie

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

dyrone

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library