This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse assesses a 25-year-old man with a suspected eating disorder. Which comment is most likely ... (Read 21 times)

Shelles

A nurse assesses a 25-year-old man with a suspected eating disorder. Which comment is most likely from this patient when the nurse asks about the patient's sexuality?

a. Sometimes I feel attracted to other men.
  b. I'm here because my girlfriend is worried about how much I exercise.
  c. I am sexually active, but I sometimes have trouble maintaining an erection.
  d. I've been involved in a satisfying relationship with my girlfriend for 3 years.

Question 2

A patient diagnosed with an eating disorder refuses to be weighed and says, I just drank a big glass of water. Select the nurse's best response.

a. Call me after you have emptied your bladder.
  b. This is weight day. Please step on the scale.
  c. I will weigh you tomorrow.
  d. You know the rules.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leahm14

Answer to Question 1

A
Some research indicates that men with eating disorders have a higher incidence of concerns about sexual or gender identity. Homosexuality may also play a role. None of the remaining options reflect this concern.

Answer to Question 2

B
This response is matter-of-fact and reinforces the established limits. The distracters allow the patient to manipulate the nurse, are overly controlling, or use bargaining.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library