This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A soldier who served in a combat zone tells the nurse, I saw a child get blown up over 2 years ago, ... (Read 39 times)

rosent76

A soldier who served in a combat zone tells the nurse, I saw a child get blown up over 2 years ago, but even now when I see something red, the visions race back to my mind and I smell burnt flesh. How should the nurse document this experience?

a. Thought intrusion
  b. Repetitive dreams
  c. Hallucinations
  d. Flashbacks

Question 2

The foundation of the cognitive process is

a. reasoning and logic.
  b. memory and learning.
  c. orientation and speech.
  d. perception and behavior.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kaykay69

Answer to Question 1

D
The soldier describes an event while awake related to reexperiencing the trauma. The description applies to flashbacks, which are common in PTSD. The statement is not associated with the remaining options.

Answer to Question 2

B
Cognitive abilities revolve around memory and learning, with memory as foundational for learning. The other functions are dependent on memory and learning.

rosent76

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library