This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient's family member died in the 9/11 World Trade Center explosion The patient says, I can't ... (Read 26 times)

imowrer

A patient's family member died in the 9/11 World Trade Center explosion

The patient says, I can't go into tall buildings because I get sweaty, my heart races, and I can't breathe. I get terrifying feelings the building will explode. These symptoms suggest which diagnosis?
  a. OCD
  b. Generalized anxiety disorder
  c. Acute stress disorder
  d. Specific phobia

Question 2

A 10-year-old boy is diagnosed with gender identity disorder. Which assessment finding would the nurse expect?

a. Having tea parties with dolls
  b. A compromised sexual response cycle
  c. Identifying with other boys who are athletic
  d. Intense urges to watch his parents having sex

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Brenm

Answer to Question 1

D
The patient has a severe and persistent fear of entering tall buildings. The extreme physical and emotional reactions are consistent with panic-level anxiety. The scenario does not suggest any of the other options as diagnoses.

Answer to Question 2

A
An individual with gender identity disorder feels trapped in the body of the wrong gender and at odds with the roles associated with that gender. A child with this diagnosis is likely to engage in play associated with the opposite gender. The other options are not age appropriate or characteristically seen in children with gender identity disorder.

imowrer

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
:D TYSM

matt95

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library