Author Question: A patient is hospitalized with new onset of manic behavior. It would be important for the nurse to ... (Read 18 times)

DyllonKazuo

A patient is hospitalized with new onset of manic behavior. It would be important for the nurse to inspect and report results of which laboratory tests? Select all that apply.

a. Calcium
  b. Creatinine
  c. Potassium
  d. Drug screens
  e. Thyroid function

Question 2

A man experiencing premature ejaculation tells the nurse, I feel like such a failure. It's so awful for both me and my wife. Can you help me? Select the nurse's best response.

a. Sex therapy is not my specialty, but I will try to help.
  b. I can refer you to a practitioner who can help you with this problem.
  c. Have you asked your health care provider for prescription medication?
  d. There are several techniques described in this pamphlet that might be helpful.

ryrychapman11

Answer to Question 1

A, D, E
Medical conditions may cause mania, including hypercalcemia, hyperthyroidism, and selected drugs of abuse, particularly stimulants. Steroids may also produce mania.

Answer to Question 2

B
The primary role of the nurse is to perform basic assessment and make appropriate referrals. The other options do not clarify the nurse's role.