This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient approaches the nurse in the clinic waiting room and says, I want to talk to you about a ... (Read 23 times)

jerry coleman

A patient approaches the nurse in the clinic waiting room and says, I want to talk to you about a sexual matter. The nurse can best facilitate the discussion by

a. saying, Let's go to my office.
  b. responding, I want to help. Go ahead. I'm listening.
  c. telling the patient, Let's schedule another appointment.
  d. offering to sit in a corner of the waiting room with the patient.

Question 2

A nurse teaching about bipolar disorder should inform patients and their families of possible depressive symptoms. Which symptoms should the nurse include? Select all that apply.

a. Passivity
  b. Aggression
  c. Hyperactivity
  d. Psychomotor retardation
  e. Preoccupation with death

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lucas dlamini

Answer to Question 1

A
A discussion of sexual concerns requires privacy. Suggesting use of office space is preferable to using the waiting room, where others cannot help but overhear sensitive material. Offering to schedule an appointment blocks communication.

Answer to Question 2

A, D, E
The symptoms of a bipolar depressive episode are often atypical, such as those consistent with the atypical depressive symptoms of major depressive disorder. They include preoccupation with death, psychomotor retardation, and passivity.

jerry coleman

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

adf223

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library