This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is coordinating care for a newly admitted older adult. The patient is diagnosed with ... (Read 75 times)

nelaaney

The nurse is coordinating care for a newly admitted older adult. The patient is diagnosed with hypertension, asthma, atrial fibrillation, mild osteoarthritis, and glaucom

a. Before administering the patient's corticosteroid medication, the nurse is especially interested in which of the follow-ing? (Select all that apply.)
  a. The name of the patient's hypertension medication
  b. What the patient uses to manage arthritic pain
  c. Whether the patient feels the asthma is well controlled
  d. Whether the patient takes low-dose aspi-rin regularly
  e. Whether the patient has ever had glauco-ma-related surgery

Question 2

When assessing the patient for urinary incontinence, which patient symptom best supports the nursing diagnosis of overflow incontinence?

a. I have small accidents ever since I de-veloped a cystocele.
  b. It burns so badly after I urinate that I hold it as long as I can.
  c. I can't make it to the toilet when I feel the need to urinate.
  d. I lose small amounts of urine when I sneeze or laugh hard.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

yifu223

Answer to Question 1

A, B, D
Asthma may be exacerbated by the use of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory agents for arthritis, as-pirin for circulation, nonselective beta-blockers for hypertension, or glaucoma eye drops that contain beta-blockers. Feeling that the asthma is under control and previous surgery are not di-rectly related.

Answer to Question 2

A
Typically, individuals with overflow incontinence complain of frequent losses of small volumes of urine, which are commonly a result of cystoceles. Burning indicates a urinary tract infection. Not making it to the bathroom is generally functional incontinence. Losing control of the bladder with sneezing or laughing is a manifestation of stress incontinence.

nelaaney

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Wow, this really help

cassie_ragen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library