This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The culturally sensitive nurse will recognize that an older adult patient with a high-context ethnic ... (Read 52 times)

aabwk4

The culturally sensitive nurse will recognize that an older adult patient with a high-context ethnic background will appreciate

a. not having a treatment scheduled during a favorite television program.
  b. both a written and verbal explanation de-scribing how to monitor her blood sugar levels.
  c. a concise explanation as to why her phys-ical therapy appointment has been can-celed.
  d. having a conversation about her grand-children while her dressing is changed.

Question 2

A 76-year-old postsurgical diabetic patient has reported feeling dizzy and clammy

The daily serum glucose level shows the patient's levels to be within normal limits. The geriatric nurse shows an understanding of established health norms for the older adult when stating:
  a. This patient's normal may not be within the typical lab norms.
  b. I'll ask the lab to rerun the test so we can double-check the results.
  c. There must be another reason for the symptoms.
  d. I'll compare the patient's baseline lab work with today's results.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jessicaduplan

Answer to Question 1

D
The interactional patterns of high-context (universalism) patients refer to the characteristics of relationships and behaviors toward others. When a person from a high-context culture interacts with the nurse, a more personal relationship is expected. This is not related to television shows, teaching materials, or appointment cancellations.

Answer to Question 2

A
Relying on established norms for laboratory values when analyzing the assessment data of older adults could lead to incorrect conclusions. The nurse should try to determine what the patient's normal range is after stabilizing the patient.

aabwk4

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

AISCAMPING

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library