Author Question: Which housing arrangement would best address the family who wants to provide housing for an older ... (Read 30 times)

jjjetplane

Which housing arrangement would best address the family who wants to provide housing for an older family member who has a large degree of physical and cognitive independence and a desire to be closely involved with the family?

a. Dedicating the spare bedroom in the home to the family member
  b. A house at a senior retirement community
  c. A granny apartment in a separate part of the house
  d. Private room at a residential care facility

Question 2

Which assessment data support the medical diagnosis of coronary heart disease? Select all that apply

a. The client consistently asks the nurse to repeat the interview questions stating, I'm sorry, I lost track of what you were saying.
  b. The spouse shares that, He just isn't his same old cheerful self; he must be more cranky than ever before.
  c. Client reports, I never had problems with my bowels like I do now.
  d. Client is observed experiencing what appears to be problem with balance.
  e. Client reported an unexplained gain of 10 pounds in last 6 months.

vickyvicksss

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
A variation of multigenerational housing has long existed in what has become known as granny flats. These may be apartments added to existing homes or the construction of small housing units on family property with privacy as well as sharing of time and resources. Such arrangements allow families to be close enough to be of assistance if needed but to remain separate. A room within the home may not allow the family member the personal freedom they want and are capable of while the care provided by the residential care facility may not be required by the individual. A house may be too much of a commitment for this individual.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B, C, D
The correct options are reflective of symptoms of potential coronary heart disease; poor concentration, change in personality, changes in bowel habits, and disturbances in gait and balance. Weight loss rather than weight gain is seen in coronary heart disease.