This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse educates the older client that the greatest risk related to poor foot care results is: ... (Read 18 times)

waynest

The nurse educates the older client that the greatest risk related to poor foot care results is:

a. bone fracturing falls.
  b. increased risk for infections.
  c. loss of independent mobility.
  d. chronic pain.

Question 2

When an older adult client is diagnosed with restless leg syndrome (RLS), the nurse is confident that client education on the condition's contributing factors has been effective when the client states:

a. A warm bath at night instead of in the morning is my new routine.
  b. Eating a banana at breakfast assures me the potassium I need.
  c. I've cut way back on my caffeinated coffee, teas and sodas.
  d. I elevate my legs on a pillow so as to improve circulation.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

brittanywood

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The greatest risk involving improper care of one's feet is the resulting interference with walking and moving and ultimately the ability to remain independent. The remaining options can ultimately lead to impaired immobility.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Increased caffeine use can be a contributing factor to RLS. There is no research to confirm that a warm bath prior to sleep or elevating the legs will minimize/prevent RLS. A potassium deficient has not been identified as a contributing factor to RLS.

waynest

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library