This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse shows an understanding of the appropriate administration of a Mini-Cog as-sessment tool ... (Read 47 times)

joe

A nurse shows an understanding of the appropriate administration of a Mini-Cog as-sessment tool when: Select all that apply.

a. Informing the client that, I'm going to say three (3) words; cat, coffee, and smile.
  cb. Asking the client, Do you have trouble remembering names and addresses?
  dc. Asking the client, Can you repeat the words we talked about a little while ago?
  d. Explaining to the client that, I'd like you to draw a clock for me on this pa-per.
  e. Asking the client to, Tell me what time this clock is showing.

Question 2

When using the Fulmer SPICES assessment tool the nurse expects to ask:

a. Do you think that you sleep well?
  b. Are you ever incontinent of urine?
  c. When was the last time you fell?
  d. Who helps you when you can't do something by yourself?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

AngeliqueG

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, C, D
The Mini-Cog assessment tool requires that the client be introduced to three unrelated words and then immediately asked to repeat them; draw a clock; again repeat the original 3 words. Questions concerning memory loss or the ability to recognize time on a clock are not a part of this assessment process.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The Fulmer SPICES assess six syndromes that are common to older adults and require nurs-ing intervention. The syndromes are sleep disorders, problems with eating or feeding, incon-tinence, confusion, evidence of falls, and skin breakdown. Social support is not assessed with this tool.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library