This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which complaint made by a 64-year-old patient during a health interview would alert the nurse to the ... (Read 29 times)

saliriagwu

Which complaint made by a 64-year-old patient during a health interview would alert the nurse to the possibility of cataracts?

a. Pain in the eyes
  b. Difficulty driving at night
  c. Loss of peripheral vision
  d. Dry eyes

Question 2

The nurse provides discharge teaching for a patient regarding her activity level as she recovers from her modified radical mastectomy. Which statement by her indicates to the nurse that the teaching has been successful?

a. I should sleep on the side opposite my mastectomy.
  b. I should keep my right arm supported in a sling when I am up and around until my incision is healed.
  c. I can do whatever exercises and activities I want as long as I don't elevate my right hand above my head.
  d. I should take aspirin before moving or exercising my arm to prevent pain during the exercises.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

briseldagonzales

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Blurring of vision and difficulty driving at night is often the first subjective symptom reported by a patient who has cataracts.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
The patient should be instructed to avoid sleeping on the involved arm.

saliriagwu

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
:D TYSM

yeungji

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library