Author Question: Which patient statement from a 15-year-old girl with thrombocytopenia would require more assessment ... (Read 17 times)

maychende

Which patient statement from a 15-year-old girl with thrombocytopenia would require more assessment to report to the charge nurse?

a. I think these red spots on my skin are going away.
  b. I am so bored lying in bed I could scream.
  c. My bowel movement is brown and stinks.
  d. I have this really weird Coke-colored urine.

Question 2

The home health nurse recommends to the mother of a 12-year-old child with leukemia that the child should have:

a. the series for prevention of hepatitis B.
  b. an annual influenza vaccine.
  c. an annual pneumococcal vaccine.
  d. vitamin B12 shots.

Joc

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Coke-colored urine is hematuria that should be documented and reported to the charge nurse. The purpura will fade as they are absorbed. Boredom and smelly stools are normal for a 14-year-old.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Children with leukemia should have an annual influenza vaccine and a pneumococcal vaccine every 5 years.