Author Question: What is the function of this cell? (Read 695 times)

future617RT

You are looking at a cell with the electron microscope and you notice the following characteristics: presence of many mitochondria and lysosomes; few, if any, Golgi apparatus; and many ribosomes. Which of the following is the most likely function of that cell?

-modification of protein
-DNA replication
-absorption of nutrients
-intracellular digestion
-secretion of lipids

Can you provide a short explanation? I cannot figure out the answer. I THINK it's intracellular digestion but I'm not sure.

Thank you!

Celeste

Reply #1 on: Oct 5, 2014
Definitely this one: intracellular digestion.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library